L2 Electric Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
£320 + VAT
This qualification is designed for automotive technicians who may encounter Electric/Hybrid vehicles within a routine working situation.
Upon successful completion of the course, attending delegates will be qualified to shutdown / isolate vehicle high voltage systems.
The course is aimed at skilled Technicians who have an interest in gaining the technical knowledge and practical skills to work safely when carrying out routine maintenance activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
Individuals interested in taking this course will need to possess the appropriate practical experience of 2 years or more in the automotive sector and/or hold a relative NVQ level 2, IMI Accreditation or equivalent.
The course is designed for those people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
This Award sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to:
- Vehicle maintenance technicians
- Vehicle repair technicians
- Bodyshop operatives
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities. This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
- electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- how to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to work safely around and maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles
The assessment is broken down into two parts, an online knowledge test and a practical test where the attending delegates will perform the shutdown and isolation of a vehicle high voltage system.